Blogs > In the Zone

Jason Schmitt is the editor of MIPrepZone.com, the high school sports website for The Oakland Press. He has served as the sports editor for a number of newspapers, including the Daily Tribune in Royal Oak and the Macomb Daily in Mount Clemens. In his time in the industry, he has covered every high school sport and has served a a beat writer for boys and girls soccer, boys and girls tennis, hockey, wrestling, bowling and cross country.

Friday, May 17, 2013

One day of regionals down - one to go

Congrats to Cranbrook, Country Day, Seaholm, Marian, Troy, Troy Athens and Holly for qualifying for the tennis state finals today.
Five regionals were played Thursday, with five more coming today (Friday). If you didn't read my predictions blog yesterday, please do so. I hit on most Thursday. It was nice to see Troy Athens prove me wrong. The Red Hawks 2-3-4 singles all reach the flight finals to give the team 19 points. They join Troy as qualifiers out of that region.
Cranbrook looked awfully impressive in winning its D3 regional. But Country Day looked good too.
And then over at Groves High, Seaholm and Marian proved they'll be the teams to beat in Holly/Grand Blanc. Speaking of Holly, it looked really good in winning its own regional and will play on its home courts come May 31.
If you didn't see my coverage of Thursday's regionals, please see the links below. I appreciate when everyone reads my stories/blogs. The more page views I get, the more I write.
For those regionals being held on Friday, coaches please make sure to send the results to me personally - jason.schmitt@oakpress.com by Friday afternoon, early evening. All I need are all team scores and flight championship results. If your team wins a regional, or even qualifies out, feel free to email me a team photo like the ones in the stories below.

GIRLS TENNIS: GPS beats out Troy, Athens to win D1 regional title

GIRLS TENNIS: Holly leaves no doubt, cruises to regional title

GIRLS TENNIS: Marian, Seaholm split the difference, share regional title

GIRLS TENNIS: Cranbrook reigns supreme at tennis regional

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home