OAA Red final up next on MIPrepZone
This Saturday night we'll be at it again, as we're set to broadcast the OAA Red Tournament championship game between Rochester United and Stoney Creek.
You can listen to the game live and come back after it ends to watch our video broadcast. I will be posting the story - with the broadcast in it - to MIPrepZone Saturday morning. So check back in then.
The two teams have split their season series, with Rochester beating Stoney Creek 5-2 back in November and the Cougars topping the United squad, 3-0, late last month.
Top performances from this past week
- Harry Stoolmiller, Troy: Scored a pair of goals and assisted on two others in the Colts' 6-5 win over Fraser last week.
- Nick Dingwall, Bloomfield United: Stopped 47 of the 48 shots he faced in his team's 1-1 tie with Romeo. Johnny Artemenko scored the Chargers' lone goal.
- Nolan Young/Joey Leider/Keith Waldrup, Berkley-Ferndale: The senior trio led the Bears to their 40th victory in the past two years on "Senior Night." Leider had two goals while Young and Waldrup led the defense in their 9-2 win over Avondale.
- Austin Alger, Cranbrook: The sophomore scored four times as the Cranes blew away Brother Rice, 9-3, in a matchup of the state's top-two ranked teams.
- A.J. Kowal, Clarkston: Notched the game-winner with less than two minutes remaining to help Clarkston to a 3-2 win in an OAA Red Tournament quarterfinal game.
- Ian Lustilla, Stoney Creek: Helped the Cougars finish a 5-4 come-from-behind victory over Farmington Hills Unified in the OAA Red Tournament semifinals. He scored the game-winner with 3:24 left to play.
- Chandler Gillespie/Russell Cicerone, Brother Rice: The pair teamed up to score the game-winning goal in the Warriors' 4-3 overtime win over St. Mary's in the Catholic League Division 1 title game.
- Alex Day, Bishop Foley Unified: The goalie stopped 45 of 48 shots to lead the Warriors to a 4-3 win over Allen Park Cabrini.
- Corey Haas, South Lyon Unified: Scored twice, one of which was the game-winner in South Lyon's 4-3 win over Hartland.
- Nick Heffron, Farmington: Had a goal and two assists in the Falcons' 4-1 win over Novi.
- Cody Jones, West Bloomfield: Scored four goals to lead the Lakers past Kettering, 9-0. Goalie Nolan Taylor picked up his third-straight shutout.
- Jake Riutta, Lakeland: Scored the game-winning goal in the Eagles' 3-2 win over Troy Athens.
- Frank Scheff, Rochester United: Had a pair of goals to lead his team past Birmingham Unified in last week's OAA Red Tournament quarterfinals, 5-2.
- Sam Miletic/Jeremy Loewenstein, Cranbrook: Each player scored twice in his team's 7-4 win over Plymouth.
- Ross Haffey, Brother Rice: Scored twice and assisted on another, as the Warriors beat Grosse Pointe North 4-1. Goalie Jack Bowman stopped 24 shots in goal for Rice.
- Trevor Henson, Troy Athens: Henson picked up a pair of goals and an assist as the Red Hawks cruised past Bloomfield United 6-1. Nathan Gurzell had two goals himself in the win.
- Christopher Brown/Andrew DeClerck, Cranbrook: Each senior scored twice as the Cranes needed just two periods to mercy Warren De La Salle, 10-0.
- Cooper McLean, Farmington: Had a hat trick as the Falcons coasted past Waterford Mott, 9-3.
- Cody Jones/Luke Andrews, West Bloomfield: Jones scored the game-winner, and Andrews saved the game, stopping all 24 shots he faced in the Lakers' 1-0 win over Swartz Creek.